Soft Leaf Buffalo: Low-Maintenance and Water-Efficient Grass Type
Soft Leaf Buffalo - Worth the hype?
- Provides a soft surface
- Broader leaf for more efficient photosynthesis
- Not prone to insect damage common in most other turf varieties
- Many cultivars available
- Less likely to spread into gardens
- Renovation work is relatively low
- High levels of disease resilience
- Shade tolerant
- Thick and broad leaf creates resiliency toward weed growth
- Low levels of allergy and irritability
- Lacks sharp edges of regular buffalo
- Retains colour well throughout winter
Below you will find information on a selection of Buffalo cultivars that we recommend.
Sir Walter Buffalo- An Aussie Favourite
- Retains its colour well
- Slow growing- less frequent mowing
- Not invasive
- No sharp edges
- Less irritability
- Shade tolerant
- Less water requirements than most buffalo varieties
- Higher regenerative qualities than most buffalo varieties
Buffalo with Green Oasis
Soft Leaf Buffalo Grass Frequently Asked Questions
Buffalo grass is a long-lasting, low-maintenance perennial that looks lush, soft, and green in full shade and tolerates up to 70% shade. This warm-season grass is an excellent all-purpose choice for Australian homes because the new generations of Buffalo have been developed with softer leaf blades, making them softer underfoot.
YES! Among the buffalo varieties, Sir Walter buffalo grass is one of the finest performers in shaded regions and can survive on as little as three hours of sunshine per day.
Be wary of counterfeiters! Only accredited Lawn Solutions Australia members and resellers can supply genuine Sir Walter DNA Certified. Green Oasis Lawn and Reticulation’s Sir Walter Buffalo are all officially DNA certified, with documentation to verify it.